Gooseberry Prayer Patch

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy 2007!

Well, God has given me a new year! I am not one to make new year resolutions because I tend to make them to grandiose and I can't attain them. However, this year I did decide a few things:
* pray more
* spend more time getting to know God
* learning what God's plan for me is
* have friends over for dinner more often
* calling friends so I don't lose track of them

I really want to be on the same page as God; to know what He has planned for me. Can you imagine how exciting 2007 could be if I would keep my focus on God instead of what's going on down here? The things down here would naturally fall into place and wouldn't have to take up my God focus.

That's not to say I don't have some health goals. In the fall I changed my eating habits. With the holidays I did eat some of my favorites, but with the new year it is time to eat the way God wants me to. Not too difficult...for me, that is. My husband doesn't really like it, but I do try to accomodate his tastes.

I wish you all a God-focused 2007! Remember: John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."

1 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

Dear Molly

The book of Esther has been such a blessing for me in helping to understand God's plan for me. God's word comes alive differently for everyone, but you might check out Esther. I bet it will bless you, too.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home