Gooseberry Prayer Patch

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Today seems a bit dreary. Gray and windy. Not too cold; jacket weather. I feel ready for winter this year and we really haven't had a nice long stretch of cold. Where is the snow? I miss snow, snowball fights, snow angels, sledding, snowmen, hot cocoa with marshmallows on top. Snuggling under warm blankies.

There are a lot of things going on right now. Just a few:

1) Cooking at church is a blast! I am having so much fun! I love the people who help me cook and then help clean afterward. What a super group of people! This has been a fantabulous opportunity to meet other people at church, find out a little bit about them as I serve them their dinner. I hope they ask me to cook again next year!

2) My dad and mom finally sold their house and bought an RV. They planned on doing some traveling while they still could, but mom's health is really deteriorating and she is fast becoming an invalid. A visit to the CTCA doctor confirmed that her cancer is back. They caught it early and she started chemo this past Monday. She will do chemo for one, then off two weeks, on one week. etc. So far it is only causing her to be very sleepy, but no nausea so far. That's what she was worried the most about: the nausea. Dad has decided it will be more economical for them to just stay at the hospital during her treatments and when they do leave only be about a days drive away. That limits how far they can go. He just needs to feel God's support. He has taken care of mom, the house, everything for the past six years. He's old! And he's tired.

3) A very good friend from Ed's Marine Corps days called and told me her cancer is back and has metastasized onto her spine. The doctors said it's incurable (and inoperable). Her husband is in Iraq and they are trying to get him home to be with her. She made it sound like she didn't have long to live or that the doctors gave her much hope. She is my age (40-ish). I'm praying she finds a doctor who isn't going to give up on and will work to heal her.

4) Ed got a COLR (cost of living raise). We are thankful for that. They aren't every very much, but like I tell him, it's better than nothing. I am trying to get our finances in order and both of us on a budget so we don't struggle this summer when I'm not cooking at church. Ed may have to get a second job to make ends meet.

5) I'm trying to be a better wife, mom, housewife, I'm not the greatest cleaner-upp, but I'm trying. I am also trying so hard to be that Provers 31 woman. She sounds so perfect, which I know is not attainable for anyone here on earth, but surely she had some bad days!

6) I want to start my own at-home business, but not anything I have to sell at home shows. Been there, done that, hated it. There are a couple ideas God has given me, I just don't know where to go to take the step of making them happen. I have two jewelry ideas, one on-line business (need a digital camera that will run with our ancient computer), mural painting in chruches, preschools/daycares. So there are several options, I just don't know how to take the next step. What is the next step? How do I find the next step?

So that's what is going on with me. Boring, huh? I think I want to learn how to bellydance.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Molly, it's nice to see you blogging again. Please let us know on list which of these requests you would like on the prayer list! I am praying for your financial situation. I know God can open wide the doors when we trust him and surprise us in the ways he provides! :o)

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home